Vlogging has become bigger today with so many aspiring young ones making it a hobby and even a way of life. If you are new to vlogging and don’t know where to start, this post is made for you. Here are the best vlogging types of equipment every newbie vlogger should invest in.
Best Vlogging Cameras
We start with the most essential thing a vlogger must have – a reliable camera. Having the right camera will help start your vlogging career and increase your subscribers. Here are some of the best cameras for vloggers available in the market.
Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II
Known for its portable and compact size, the Canon Powershot G7 X Mark II easily became one of the best point & shoot cameras for vloggers, especially to those who travel vlogs. This vlogging camera comes with a large 20.1 MP image sensor and provides you full HD 1080p video recording at 60 fps rate as well. It also has a large flip screen to take better selfie videos.
The quality of video this camera takes can be compared to a bulky DSLR, which makes it good for vlogging. It takes high-quality videos, has a touchscreen flip screen, and accurate autofocus system. Another good thing about this camera is that it has superb performance in low light in comparison with other compact cameras. Finally, one of the most important things, why the G7 X is well-loved, is its optical image stabilization. When you want to record while walking, which is common in vlogging, the Canon G7 X Mark II gives you a smooth video. And despite having no microphone input, it records decent audio.
From sharp colors and image detail to manual controls, fast aperture, large zoom, low-light performance, and built-in flash, the Canon Powershot G7 X Mark II is put on the professional level and photographers and vloggers alike just love it.
- A camera with a bright lens, sensor and DIGIC 7 to capture quality photos, movies. FL – 4.2 x zoom: 8.8 (W) – 36.8 (T) mm, 35 mm film equivalent: 24 (W) – 100 (T) mm
- Shoot and share stunning full HD 60 p movies with creative control, Touch AF for cinematic focus pulls and 5-axis Dynamic IS
- Easily connect to your smart device, shoot remotely, then share or back up your creations using Wi-Fi with NFC and Image sync
- Enjoy simple creative control with a lens control ring, intuitive touchscreen operation, 14-bit raw and picture styles
- 3 Inch type touchscreen and tilt-type LCD monitor 180 degrees upwards, 45 downwards
- Powershot G7 X mark II battery pack NB-13L battery charger CB-2LHEAC wrist strap NS-DC12 AC cable
Sony Alpha a6400
The Sony Alpha a6400 is a great vlogging camera especially when you want your shots to be highly cinematic and larger than life videos. It is compact and handy, making it the perfect device for videomakers who don’t want to lug around their bulky DSLRs all the time.
The a6400 camera comes with a 24MP interchangeable lens and an APS-C sensor. It has real-time autofocus and can record videos in Full HD and [email protected] The image quality is solid, sharp, and vivid.
- Next-Gen speed: experience the world’s fastest 0. 02 sec AF with real-time AF and object tracking
- Enhanced subject capture: wide 425 Phase/ 425 contrast-detection points over 84 percent of the sensor
- Fast & accurate: up to 11Fps continuous shooting at 24.2 MP raw with crisp, clear natural colors
- Multiple movie functions: make time-lapse movies or slow/quick motion videos without post-processing
- Tiltable LCD screen: customizable for vlogging, still photography or recording a professional film
- In the box: rechargeable battery (NP FW50) AC adaptor (ac uud12), shoulder strap, body cap, accessory shoe cap, eyepiece cup, micro USB cable. Metering Type:1200 zone evaluative metering
Canon EOS M50
The main reason why this model is one of the most loved cameras in the vlogging atmosphere is that excels in virtually all fields of performance while presenting zero pitfalls and drawbacks aside from costing a bit more in comparison to an average budget camera.
The Canon EOS M50 is one of the best affordable cameras that can capture incredible details. It has an excellent photo and video quality that will allow you to capture high-resolution 4k videos. It has ultra-fast and accurate autofocus, image stabilization, and has a flip-out touchscreen LCD. With this gadget in your hand, you can be sure that your videos are sharp and eye-catchingly vibrant.
In comparison with other cameras, the Canon EOS M50 can be named as one of the best vlogging equipment for vloggers, considering its price and quality. Moreover, this camera is easy to use and handle which is perfect for beginners.
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF for fast, accurate autofocus that helps you get the photo you want right as the moment happens
- 241 Megapixel APS C CMOS sensor and the DIGIC 8 Image Processor delivers incredible color, clear details, and stunning range
- Vari angle Touchscreen LCD has a flexible tilt range ideal for high angle and low angle shooting and reviewing your photos
- Built-in high-resolution electronic viewfinder features approximately 2,360,000 dots to see high amounts of detail when capturing
- Use the EOS Utility Webcam Beta Software (Mac and Windows) to turn your compatible Canon camera into a high-quality webcam
Best Vlogging Microphones
Your vlog will need to have high-quality audio to keep your viewers happy and engaged, otherwise, your videos will look extremely unprofessional. Here are our best mic picks.
Blue Snowball iCE Condenser
If you are on the lookout for a vlogging microphone for home-type vlogs that is quick and easy to use, the Blue Snowball iCe is what you need. This mic records crystal clear audio, so you can use it for recording full bands, acoustic instruments, gaming, or vocals. It is compatible with any PC or Mac and doesn’t require any drivers to be installed.
This product has been certified by Skype so its promises are genuine. You can record sound for your vlogs and podcasts in the comfort of your home!
- Custom condenser capsule offers crystal clear audio for Skype, Messages, and FaceTime
- Record vocals, create podcasts and add narration to your home movies
- Add crystal clear audio to recordings for YouTube. Frequency Response: 40 –18 kHz
- Easy plug and play directly to your Mac or PC-no drivers to install
- Snowball iCE is a USB 2.0 device (USB 3.0 compatible as per USB 3.0 backward compatibility specification).Sample/word Rate: 44.1 kHz/16 bit
Rode VideoMic Pro+ Compact
The Rode VMPR VideoMic Pro is a shotgun microphone that has a superior audio quality for outdoor vlogs. It has an omnidirectional pickup pattern that helps capture sound from all directions without any distortion and background noise. With that being said, this incredible microphone comes with a shock mount which reduces the distortion noise whenever you move your camera at a high pace. Although this equipment is bulky and more expensive compared to other microphone types, its durability and sturdy audio quality make it the best mic for outdoor vlogging in the market.
- Still, with the best-in-class Rycote Lyre suspension system onboard, the VideoMic Pro+ improves on the existing VideoMic Pro capsule/line tube and windshield, plus boasts a host of new features.
- Automatic power function (with plug-in power availability) is perfect for the run-and-gun shooter, automatically turning the microphone off when unplugged from the camera.
- The built-in battery door makes replacing the battery a breeze – plus it won’t get lost.
- Power options the VideoMic Pro+ can be powered by the all-new and included Rode LB-1 lithium-ion rechargeable battery, 2 x AA batteries, or continuously via micro USB.
- Digital switching – will ensure the user has the ultimate capture of the audio signal at the source, reducing post-production and editing times.
Rode smartLav + Lavalier Microphone
If you are looking for the best budget-friendly portable microphone, this Rode smartLav + Lavalier Microphone is it. Being a professional-grade wearable microphone, this equipment is a must-have for every vlogger’s starter kit!
This microphone has a high-quality omnidirectional condenser capsule that picks up sound from every direction equally. To reduce wind noise and vocal distortion, there is a foam popup shield in the mic. There is also a durable clip and built-in cable management to easily attach it to your shirt.
This mic’s higher signal-to-noise and improved sensitivity make it perfect for vlogging. The cable is also tested for strain and is long-lasting. This clip-on mic can be used with both Android and iPhone and works well with most recording apps.
- Ensure you buy genuine Rode products. Products from sellers which say ‘fulfilled by amazon’ under the price are not authorized resellers, and may not be selling genuine products.
- Buy only from Amazon.com (labeled ‘shipped and sold by Amazon.com’)
- Broadcast quality, professional-grade Lavalier Mic with TRRS Jack
- High-quality omnidirectional condenser capsule; discrete 4.5-millimeter miniature microphone
- Kevlar reinforced cable ensures that you never stretch or snap your microphone under normal usage conditions
Best Lightning for Vlogging
If your vlogs are mostly indoors, lighting is necessary. Famous vloggers, like Zoella and PewDiePie, emphasize the importance of lighting because they don’t want to annoy their audience with a poorly-lit video. Here are our top vlog lighting equipment picks.
Diva Ring Light Super
This Diva Ring Light is considered a required vlogging equipment for daily vlogging. Whether you’re a photographer or a videographer, a good lighting kit is crucial. Without a lighting arrangement, your videos will not be complete.
The Diva Ring Light Super Nova has 5400k fluorescent light that will give your face a fresh look. It comes with a 6’ stand and Z bracket for easy mounting of ring light on a tripod. It has a flexible gooseneck so the mounting of lights and setup is made easy. If you want to adjust the brightness of the lights, there is also a knob included in the setup.
This ring light is a favorite of every YouTuber as it excels in providing soft lights and true-to-life color radiance. Its cost is worth every penny when your videos turn out great after shooting.
- 500W ring light with 5500K (Daylight) bulb included
- Dimmable feature allows for softer light options (dims to 20% of full power)
- Includes mounting bracket for cameras on tripods, as well as gooseneck for flexible mounting on light stands
- Comes with easy-to-install diffusion cloth
- Accepts 110V – 240V power for worldwide use (US plug)
MOUNTDOG Lighting Kit
For pro YouTubers, this Mountdog Lighting kit is the best. It’s an affordable kit that solves the dim lighting issues in your room. This kit has two 13W light bulbs that will brighten up a place, no matter how dark it is. There is also an adjustable lamp holder and a softbox to equally spread the light in all directions. With this kit, you will never have to worry about low-lighting issues when filming a vlog indoor.
Neewer Camera Photo Video Lighting Kit
This lighting kit is budget-friendly and perfect for new vloggers. This kit has a special LED SMD Design that makes it a dimmable ring light. It is portable, lightweight, and has a service life of more than 50000 hours.
The Neewer Camera Photo Video Lighting Kit is compatible with most Android and iOs smartphones, although a smartphone loader is required to connect it to any phone. For connecting to the camera, you will need a hot shoe adapter.
This is a comprehensive kit complete with all the necessary accessories and tools. You wouldn’t have to buy any other additional equipment to use this lighting system. Easy peasy and very affordable.
- 1. The light stand is packed in a separate box INSIDE the big package box (under the ring light box at the extreme bottom of the box)as shown in the 2nd picture. If you can’t find it, please contact seller customer service; 2. Instructions for unfolding the stand are in the 8th picture. The legs are upwards, so please unfold the legs upside down
- Kit includes: (1)18″/48cm Outer 55W 5500K LED Ring Light+(1)61″/155cm Light Stand+(1)Soft Tube+(1)White and Orange Color Filter Set+(1)Ball Head Hot Shoe Adapter+(1)Universal Power Adapter with Plug+(1)Smart Phone Holder+(1)Carrying Bag for Ring Light
- Dimmable 18″/48cm Outer 55W 5500K 240 Pieces LED bulbs with a wide dimming range from 1%-100%. Special LED SMD design, lightweight and portable
- 61″/155cm light stand is constructed from aluminum alloy, giving it exceptional strength; The soft tube makes the light rotate freely for the best position. White and orange color filters are made of high light transmission plastic material with steady color temperature
- A hot-shoe adapter is compatible with most DSLR cameras and a smartphone holder for most smartphones (iPhone 8 Plus/8/X/7/6, Samsung Galaxy S9/S8, Huawei, etc. ).
Best Vlogging Tripods
Most newbie vloggers will have an issue with an unstable camera. This can be easily solved by having a tripod. Here are the best tripods in our opinion.
With its unique octopus-like legs, the Hoby Gorillapid has attracted the attention of many vloggers. This tripod has been named the best because aside from having a great build, it also comes in an extremely affordable price tag. Famous vloggers like Casey Neistat is using this tripod. This comes with better compatibility options for different types of cameras and it is easy to use. The flexible and wrappable legs allow you to attach this tripod to any place you want so you can capture the best frames.
- Flexible: Grip it, wrap it, stand it, wrappable legs allow you to secure professional camera equipment to virtually any surface
- Efficient: Arca-Swiss system compatible quick release plate stays connected to the camera for instant set-up
- Accurate: Numbered scale on the base lets you accurately repeat 360 Degree pans, secondary knob locks pan separately
Manfrotto MTPIXI-B PIXI Mini
This is the latest mini tripod that can double as handheld grip support for DSLR and table tripod. The Manfrotto MTPIXI-B PIXI Mini provides portable support for various devices such as phones, mirrorless cameras, and DSLRs. It is designed to excel at its functions by having a rapid push-button lock for the head adjustment. The Manfrotto mini tripod has set a new standard for mini tripods with it being smart, active, and beautifully-built.
This tripod is one of the most budget-friendly portable tripods and is a perfect choice for photographers and vloggers alike. With a stainless steel and tactile finish, the Manfrotto MTPIXI-B PIXI Mini is one of the best tripods for vlogging in the market.
- Mini tripod for Compact System Cameras
- Comfortable handgrip to capture great videos
- Push-button locking mechanism for easy setup
- Lightweight, intuitive to use and easy to carry
- Attractive Italian design
The Manfrotto 055 is a vlogging tripod with amazing specs and an expensive price tag. But despite it being costly, it’s the best tripod for professional vloggers for a couple of reasons.
The Manfrotto 055 is ideal for DSLRs and mirrorless cameras. It has adjustable legs and rubber grips for better traction. This tripod comes with durable construction sd the carbon fiber body is resistant to shocks and accidents. If you prefer shooting wide-angle frames, this tripod makes it easy. If you are thinking of a long-term investment, this baby is definitely worth the buck.
- Premium Carbon Fiber Legs Offer Unprecedented Strength and Rigidity
- Manfrotto’s Q90 Center Column Boasts Quick One Finger Operation
- Easy Link Connection for Adding Accessories
- Note: Please note this product is imported from the USA, please use the appropriate adapter when plugging in the products.
It’s important to maintain a professional look through all of your videos. If you are a startup vlogger, the pieces of equipment above are worth considering to aid in your vlogging venture. Widen your horizon and do some research. There are all kinds of equipment made for everyone that’s within their budget.
The digital world is all about vlogging right now, so if you are jumping in the bandwagon, don’t forget to arm yourself with the right stuff!